If you have any questions about this policy, please use the email contact form on this website.
Certain information about individuals is gathered and used in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website.
Information is also collected to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
WHAT DATA IS GATHERED
The following information may be collected:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
- website usage data
- other information relevant to client enquiries
- other information pertaining to special offers and surveys
HOW THIS DATA IS USED
Collecting this data helps to better understand what you are looking for from the company, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, data may be used for:
- internal records
- improving the products and services provided
- contacting you in response to a specific enquiry
- to send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things that may be relevant to you
- to send you promotional mailings or to call you about products, services, offers and other things thought relevant to you
- to contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research purposes
COOKIES – AGAIN! – IN MORE DETAIL
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables the ‘Trail website to identify your computer as you view different pages on the website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions, that are specific to you. They also enable THE INTELLIGENCE TRAIL to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
Cookies may be used by the ‘Trail to:
- analyse web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps improve the website structure, design, content, and functions.
- identify whether you are signed in to the website. A cookie allows this to be checked.
- test content on the website. For example, 50% of users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- to recognise when you return to the website. You may be shown relevant content or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose yo share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
CONTROLLING INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
When you fill in a form or provide your details on this website, you will see one or more tick boxes allowing you to:
- opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, text message or post.
- opt-in to receive marketing communications from our third-party partners by email, telephone, text message or post.
If you have agreed that we can use your information or marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily, by letting us know using the email contact form on this website.
We will never lease, distribute, or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
LINKS FROM THIS SITE
This website may contain links to other websites. Please note that we have no control of websites outside the intelligencetrail.com domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.